This 3 hour recorded workshop will provide a tool-box of 40 effective directive play therapy interventions to use when working with child clients with anxiety with an essential foundation of client-centered tenets and practice. The interventions will be grouped into purposeful categories of 1) assessing & facilitating awareness 2) mastering thoughts & beliefs 3) self-soothing 4) empowerment/mastery. Participants will complete this workshop with a collection of practical, actionable interventions to assist anxious child clients and involve parents and families in the process.
After taking this training, participants will be able to achieve the following learning objectives:
Describe how to utilize the foundational tenets of child-centered play therapy are essential to helping anxious children feel safe and free to later participate in directive play techniques.
2. List 9 play therapy based interventions for assessing and facilitating awareness of anxiety.
3. List 8 play therapy based interventions for mastering thoughts & beliefs.
4. List 15 play therapy based interventions for self soothing and calming the brain and body.
5. List 8 play therapy based interventions for helping child clients experience mastery over anxiety and an increased sense of self-confidence.
6. Describe how to involve parents and families to support the process of helping child clients in play therapy.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.