This two hour recorded WEBINAR workshop provides an overview of the diagnosis and treatment of Trichotilomania (also known as hair pulling disorder) using a play therapy approach combining cognitive behavioral play therapy, mindfulness-based play therapy techniques steeped in researched and evidence-based methods. Trichotillomania is currently classified as an “Obsessive Compulsive and Related Disorder” in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition.
After taking this training, participants will be able to achieve the following learning objectives:
- Describe the nature of Trichotillomania and name the possible causes for the development of this disorder in children.
- Explain the benefits of cognitive behavioral based facilitative play therapy techniques as intervention to treat Trichotillomania in child clients.
- Describe how to use mindfulness based play therapy techniques as interventions to treat Trichotillomania in child clients.
- Explain how to utilize a child-centered play therapy approach in working with children with Trichotilomania.
- Describe the importance of working closely with the parents of child clients receiving play therapy who suffer from Trichotillomania.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.