*Use this course for 6 APT non-contact hours under Play Therapy Skills & Methods
Through this 2 part webinar series, play therapists will learn about the challenges that attachment disruptions can cause in childhood, as well as how to create healing, hope, and felt security with their child and adolescent clients and families. Through the lens of attachment theory, participants will gain a new understanding of how children and families interact and bond to one another in healthy vs maladaptive ways. We will be exploring how trauma, abuse, and neglect impact the bonds of attachment within the family system and how the power of Attachment Centered Play Therapy can help to heal these wounds.
Participants will spend their time learning new and innovative play therapy techniques including hands on experiential activities, sand tray interventions, and expressive arts. You will leave with a creative toolbox of tips, techniques, and a clear understanding of how attachment styles impact relationships.
Part 1: Introduction to Attachment Centered Play Therapy, Identifying Attachment Patterns and Attachment Wounding
Part 2: Treating Attachment Disrupted and Attachment Wounded Children and Families Using Attachment Centered Play Therapy
- Identify how attachment theory applies to play therapy and to view family systems through the lens of attachment.
- Conceptualize attachment patterns that impact parent-child relationships.
- Conceptualize generational attachment patterns and how these manifests in family-based play therapy.
- Analyze attachment theory as it applies to play therapy to provide integrated therapeutic treatment.
- Evaluate the four key concepts of attachment theory and how these concepts apply to attachment centered play therapy.
- Analyze various family systems through the lens of attachment theory to strengthen clinical assessment skills.
Healing Wounded Hearts ACPT Webinar PDF
Healing Wounded Hearts Part 1
Healing Wounded Hearts Part 2
About this course
- 6 lessons
- 6 hours of video content