A Look at a Book: Integrating Play Therapy and Bibliotherapy
6 Hours Play Therapy Non-Contact Provided by Robert Jason Grant Ed.D (APT Approved Provider #12-318) NBCC Clock Hours: 6 NBCC ACEP #6595
About this Training:
This training focuses on the integration and implementation of bibliotherapy and play therapy.
You will need internet access to complete this training.
You will be asked to read through the PowerPoint (this is your training guide), you will also be asked to read articles/readings, watch video clips, and complete experiential activities.
It’s expected that you will complete all the exercises and not skip over any parts of this training. Many of the exercises are referenced on the post exam at the end of the training.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
This training covers the integration of play therapy and bibliotherapy. The approach of bibliotherapy is defined and the history, research, and credentialing processes of bibliotherapy are covered. The integration of using bibliotherapy in play therapy is addressed – what is meant by an integrative model. Considerations for incorporating bibliotherapy and play therapy are presented along with therapeutic play therapy goals with bibliotherapy. Special considerations and limitations are also explored. Case examples are reviewed and several play therapy and bibliotherapy integrated interventions are presented. This training is completed online and through home study but includes an interactive/experiential component where participants are asked to complete play therapy interventions. Register today and complete this informative and interactive training at your own pace, gain CE Hours, and enhance your therapy skills.
1) Conceptualize the history and research of bibliotherapy.
2) Define therapeutic play therapy goals when integrating bibliotherapy.
3) List four ways play therapy and bibliotherapy can be integrated.
4) Understand special considerations when integrating play therapy and bibliotherapy.
5) Explain case examples integrating play therapy and bibliotherapy.
6) Identify several play therapy interventions incorporating bibliotherapy.
This training is approved for 6 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 6 hours can be calculated as any combination of 6 toward special topics, 6 toward applicants’ choice, and 2 of the 6 hours can be counted toward seminal or historically significant theories.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
A Look at a Book: Integrating Play Therapy and Bibliotherapy Powerpoint
Bibliotherapy - Overview and Implications for Counselors
Benifits of Using Bibliotherapy Within Play Therapy
Case Example - Ryan
Case Example - Lea
Exercise One Integrating PT and Bibliotherapy
Exercise Two Integrating PT and Bibliotherapy
Exercise Three Integrating PT and Bibliotherapy
Exercise Four Integrating PT and Bibliotherapy
Exercise Five Integrating PT and Bibliotherapy
Exercise Six Integrating PT and Bibliotherapy
References & Resources
Course Evaluation (Required)