About This Training:
This training focuses on family play therapy theories, approaches, and interventions.
You will need internet access to complete this training.
You will be asked to read through the PowerPoint (this is your training guide), you will also be asked to read articles/readings, watch video clips, and complete experiential activities.
It’s expected that you will complete all the exercises and not skip over any parts of this training. Many of the exercises are referenced on the post exam at the end of the training.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy email@example.com. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training focuses on the process and implementation of conducting play therapy with families. Therapists will gain information on how to work with families utilizing play therapy interventions and processes from a general perspective which includes assessing for appropriateness, conducting intakes, and various special considerations when working with the whole family verses an individual child. Therapists will also gain an overview of several established family play therapy approaches such as Child Parent Relationship Therapy, Filial Therapy, AutPlay Therapy, and more along with resource information to acquire furthering training in each of these models. Therapists will further gain information about research related to using play therapy with families and learn several play therapy interventions that can be implemented with families.
1) List the main identified features of strong families.
2) Describe family play therapy including specific models and approaches.
3) Identify special considerations when working with families in play therapy.
4) Identify the play therapist's role when working with families.
5) Explain strategies for addressing parent hesitation in participating in family play therapy.
6) Discuss primary play therapy approaches such as Child Parent Relationship Therapy, Filial Therapy, and AutPlay Therapy.
7) Describe at least seven family play therapy interventions.
8) List relevant research related to family play therapy.
This training is approved for 6 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 6 hours can be calculated as any combination of 6 toward special topics, 6 toward applicants choice, and 2 of the 6 hours can be counted toward seminal or historically significant theories.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Family Play Therapy: Approaches and Interventions
Exercise 1: What do you think?
Exercise Three - Integrating Play and Family Therapies Article
Exercise Eight - Filial Therapy An Attachment Based, Emotion Focused, and Skill Training Approach
Exercise Twelve - AutPlay Therapy A Play Therapy Approach for Addressing ASD
Family Play Questionnaire
Course Evaluation (Required)
About this course
- 11 lessons
- 0 hours of video content