About the Training:
This training is an 8-hour self-paced home study training focused on learning the AutPlay® Therapy Play and Social Skills Groups model.
A PDF PowerPoint is provided to follow as a guide for completing this training.
It is expected that you will complete the whole training and not skip over any parts of this training. There is a post exam at the end of the training. You will need access to the internet to complete this training and you will be asked to read the required book reading, watch video clips, read additional materials, and complete experiential activities.
Required Book Reading:
AutPlay Therapy Play and Social Skills Groups: A Ten Session Model by Robert Jason Grant and Tracy Turner-Bumberry
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy email@example.com. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This training teaches participants the AutPlay® Therapy Play and Social Skills Groups model. It provides therapists with a step-by-step guide for implementing a play group and/or a social skills group to help neurotypical and neurodivergent children and adolescents address a variety of needs in a group format including any play, relational, and/or social navigation issues in a fun and engaging process.
The unique 10-session group model incorporates the AutPlay® Therapy approach focusing on integrative play therapy theories and family play therapy. Group setup, protocol, and structured play therapy interventions are presented and explained for easy implementation by professionals. Also included is the process of including parents in the group process as co change agents. Parent implemented interventions that allow parents and/or caregivers to become participants/partners in the group process is covered.
An overview and guide for how to implement AutPlay® Groups in a neurodiversity affirming manner is covered along with understanding working out of a strengths-based approach. Participants will read the book AutPlay® Therapy Play and Social Skills Groups: A Ten Session Model by Robert Grant Jason Grant and Tracy Turner-Bumberry, complete the PDF training guide, read additional articles, and watch training videos.
1) Describe how to implement AutPlay Therapy Play Groups.
2) Describe how to implement AutPlay Therapy Social Skills Groups.
3) Define a neurodiversity affirming approach when implementing play therapy interventions in AutPlay Therapy Groups.
4) Define using a strengths-based approach when implementing AutPlay Therapy Groups.
5) List several play therapy interventions that can be used to address a variety of needs when implementing AutPlay Therapy Groups.
6) Describe the therapeutic benefits of play and using play as the change agent in AutPlay Groups.
7) Explain how to involve parents as co-change agents in AutPlay Therapy Groups.
8) Understand the benefits of using group work in play therapy.
This training is approved for 8 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 8 CE Hrs can be calculated as any combination of 8 toward special topics, 8 toward applicants’ choice.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D Certified Training Partner for IBCCES (International Board for Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards) #CE159432.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
AutPlay Play and Social Skills Group Powerpoint
Social Skills and Required Book Reading Video
Play and AutPlay Groups Video
Helping Neurotypicals and Environments Change Video
Case Example AutPlay Social Skills Groups Video
AutPlay and Social Skills Group Video
Case Example AutPlay Groups
AutPlay Assessment of Play Handout
AutPlay Special Interests Inventory Handout
Group Affirming Questions Guide Handout
Course Evaluation (Required)