In this 2 hour recorded workshop, discover how to use brain based research to complement play therapy interventions and strategies when working with children with ADHD, autism or nuerodevelopmental disorders.
1. Participants will be able to conceptualize neurodevelopmental disorders as disruptions with the central nervous system and understand these concepts in conjunction with common co-morbid mental health concerns (anxiety, depression) including viewing trauma through a neurodevelopmental lens.
2. Participants will be able to tailor play therapy approaches in a "bottoms up approach" in the same way the hierarchy of the brain develops to help effectively treat neurodevelopmental concerns.
3. Participants will be able to incorporate play therapy techniques to focus on concerns related to social, speech, and sensory domains that are affected by neurodevelopmental disorders.
4. Participants will learn how to utilize techniques such as crossing the midline activities and bilateral stimulation strategies to improve regulation and functioning.
5. Participants will learn at least 5 play therapy techniques and receive an overview of how to create a treatment plan for working with children who have neurodevelopmental disorder concerns.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.