APT credit hours available for this course are: 2.5 hours theory| 1.5 hours skills and methods
This 4 hour webinar presents a deeper look at the theory and research that supports both non-directive and directive play therapy approaches in helping children heal and grow providing framework and methodology for how to implement both approaches.
- Describe the theoretical basis, tenets and history of child centered play therapy (CCPT) and the benefits according to the research literature..
- Describe the theoretical basis and use of cognitive behavioral play therapy (CBPT) and behavioral interventions supported by research.
- Explain the rationale and prescriptive timing within treatment for utilizing pure CCPT and when to introduce directive interventions.
- Describe how and when to blend and bridge directive and non-directive play therapy within sessions.
- List 10 directive play therapy interventions and how to implement on the foundation of the tenets of CCPT.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.
APT credits available as listed in the course description are provided by Lynn Louise Wonders of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC approved provider 12-321. Play therapy credit available to mental health professionals only as listed in each course description. Courses that do no qualify for play therapy credit are clearly listed.
NBCC credits, when available are provided by Jennifer Taylor. Jennifer Taylor has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6928. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly marked.
Technical support for this course is provided by Jennifer Taylor of Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services, LLC.