APT credits available for this course are: 2 hours seminal theory|2 hours skills and methods.
Facilitating experiences for children in the play room using creative and expressive activities can be a part of the psycho-education piece of treatment along with an opportunity for children to show what they are experiencing, seeing, feeling in their inner world. This 4 hour webinar will provide theoretical basis for using creative and expressive play therapy interventions along with training on how to implement specific interventions based upon a prescriptive play therapy approach.
- Provide definition of what creative and expressive play therapy is and why it is effective.
- Explain how to use non-directive play therapy in combination with the directive creative & expressive play therapy interventions.
- Name 10 diagnoses that benefit from use of creative & expressive play therapy.
- List 15 creative & expressive play therapy interventions tied to specific treatment planning goals.
- Apply theoretical basis and prescriptive interventions to case examples.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.