This 3 hour play therapy distance training video presentation workshop covers the history, the foundations of play therapy including a variety of theoretical orientations and approaches to play therapy. Participants will receive a thorough overview of what is needed to begin the journey of becoming a play therapist!
- Participants will develop an understanding of the nature of play therapy and its benefits focusing on child clients.
- Child Centered Play Therapy will be explained, explored and demonstrated as a foundation.
- Directive and Prescriptive approaches to Play Therapy will be explained, explored and demonstrated.
- Participants will receive a broad and rich exposure to the history, applications and effects of play therapy with child clients.
- Participants will receive 20 play therapy skills they can begin using with child clients right away.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.