When working with child clients using play therapy it is essential we have a good relationship with the child’s parents. Often parents don’t understand what we are doing in the play room or don’t know how to support the work we are doing with their children. Many play therapists have not received training on the ins and outs of how to interact with and involve parents in the play therapy process.
1. Participants will learn how to talk to parents about play therapy
2. Participants will learn how to develop protocols and P\policies for parents in the play therapy process from the beginning of treatment
3. Participants will learn how to involve parents in play therapy sessions when appropriate for the child client's treatment
4. Participants will learn how to provide parenting guidance throughout the process of play therapy in an effective manner.
5. Participants will learn how to keep parents invested in bringing children to play therapy sessions consistently.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.