This 2 hour recorded workshop looks at how to use play therapy in the preschool setting. Often play therapy mentoring clients ask me how they might find a way to expand their services in order to utilize mornings and mid-day times. Taking play therapy based support into preschool settings is an impactful way to reach more children and provide services that are much needed.
1. Participants will learn what play therapy services look like in preschool settings in terms of parameters, informed consent, policies, confidentiality differences from in office therapy and more.
2. Participants will learn how to conduct a play-based behavioral observation and how to structure this aspect of the services.
3. Participants will receive a behavioral check-list/form to use for the observation.
4. Participants will learn how to talk about these specialized play therapy services to preschool directors, teachers and parents.
5. Participants will receive a sample contract for preschool play therapy services along with a special informed consent form for parents.
6. Participants will receive training on how to structure the time and fees for preschool setting play therapy services.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.