About This Training:
This is a non-contact online/home study training that focuses on play therapy supervision issues when working with parents.
You will need internet access to complete this training.
You will be asked to read through the PowerPoint (this is your training guide), you will also be asked to read articles/readings, watch video clips, and complete experiential activities.
It’s expected that you will complete all the exercises and not skip over any parts of this training. Many of the exercises are referenced on the post exam at the end of the training.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
Are you a play therapist needing play therapy supervision training? Are you a mental health professional wanting to enhance your supervision skills? This training focuses on addressing challenges and issues in working with parents and caregivers in play therapy. It is designed to provide a training program that supervisors can share with their supervisees during supervision meetings. Common issues a supervisee may experience will be covered, play therapy models that incorporate parents will be highlighted, and strategies for success in working with parents will be presented. Participants will have the opportunity to explore issues that typically arise when working with parents and review strategies and ideas to help the supervisee’s work with parents and caregivers proceed more smoothly.
1) Name at least 2 challenging areas a supervisee might lack experience and struggle with when working with parents/caregivers in play therapy.
2) Explain at least 2 resources or tools the supervisor can share in supervision for working with parents/caregivers in play therapy.
3) Identify three play therapy models that a supervisor can utilize with the supervisee to discuss including parents in the therapeutic process.
This training is approved for 3 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S or renewing your RPT-S, the 3 hours can be calculated for APT supervision hours.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Play Therapy Supervision: Addressing Parent and Caregiver Issues Powerpoint
Intentionality in Supervision Article
Triadic Model for Working with Parents in Child Therapy Article
Theraplay Supervision Article
References & Resources
Course Evaluation (Required)