The role of the play therapy supervisor changes when supervising therapists who have had extensive training and experience in play therapy. In this workshop we will examine the supervisor’s role in assisting more seasoned play therapists in developing deeper insight including counter-transference that often occurs when working with child clients and their families. We will review the broader nuances of the supervisory relationship including support for the developmental process of the play therapist.
1. Participants will be able to identify and apply developmental supervision models to working with experienced therapists.
2. Participants will learn how to identify and work with counter-transference experienced therapists may encounter in providing play therapy.
3. Participants will be able to identify signs of burnout, compassion fatigue and vicarious trauma in supervisees and know how to address and assist.
4. Participants will be able to use a specific supervision model to identify the supervisor’s role with supervisees who are more advanced in their professional development as a play therapist.
5. Participants will be able to apply our professional ethics code to scenarios that may arise in supervision with more experienced play therapist
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.