This 3 hour recorded workshop provides training in the work, process and ethical responsibilities for supervising interns and new therapists in providing play therapy services. While there is an overview of various supervisory models, we will focus on a developmental perspective examining two developmental models taking into consideration where interns and new therapists are in their professional development specific to play therapy services for child clients.
After taking this course, participants will be able to achieve the following learning objectives:
1. Enumerate the professional development stages of interns and therapists new to providing play therapy services and the supervisor role therein.
2. Explain the importance of the supervisory relationship with new therapists and interns providing play therapy services including appropriate boundaries, structure and regularity of supervision interaction.
3. Name the varying roles of supervisor, including didactic and evaluative responsibilities in overseeing the therapists work with child clients and parents.
4. Describe how to ensure interns and new therapists are keeping ethically appropriate clinical records.
5. Explain how to create accountability measures while helping supervisees to feel encouraged.
6. Name specific systems to have in place in the case of a crisis.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.