About This Training:
This training focuses on 10 seminal and historically significant theories of play therapy. Further discussion includes how to align with and find your best fit in theory implementation.
This is a self-paced home study training. You will need internet access to complete this training.
You will be asked to read through the PowerPoint (this is your training guide), you will also be asked to read articles/readings, watch video clips, and complete experiential activities.
It’s expected that you will complete all the exercises and not skip over any parts of this training. Many of the exercises are referenced on the post exam at the end of the training.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
This is a self-paced online/home study training that focuses on the Association for Play Therapy’s ten seminal and historically significant play therapy theories (child centered play therapy, Adlerian play therapy, filial therapy, Gestalt play therapy, cognitive behavioral play therapy, ecosystemic play therapy, Theraplay, developmental play therapy, Jungian play therapy, and object relations play therapy). Each theory is highlighted with accompanying video clip examples, additional readings, and/or techniques. This training further describes a prescriptive and integrative approach to play therapy. Participants will have the opportunity to explore their own philosophical and play therapy preferences and contemplate which play therapy theories best align with the work they enjoy doing.
1) List the main tenets of Child Centered Play Therapy, Filial Therapy and Adlerian Play Therapy.
2) List the main tenets of Cognitive Behavioral Play Therapy, Gestalt Play Therapy, and Ecosystemic Play Therapy.
3) List the main tenets of Jungian Play Therapy, Theraplay, Developmental Play Therapy, and Object Relations Play Therapy.
4) Describe a prescriptive and integrative play therapy approach.
5) Identify a play therapist "best fit" for aligning with theories and approaches.
6) Describe the variances and the common feature among play therapy theories.
This training is approved for 6 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 6 hours can be calculated as any combination of 6 toward play therapy seminal or historically significant theories, 6 toward special topics, and 6 toward applicant’s choice.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.