APT credits available for this course are: 4 skills and methods
Providing play therapy for children whose parents are embroiled in a high conflict divorce and/or custody case is not for the faint of heart. With the proper skills set, clear polices and protocols and and an understanding of the intricacies and complexities of these kinds of cases a therapist who provides play therapy services will be prepared to avoid common pitfalls and keep the focus on helping the child through this very difficult time.
Often play therapists get in over their head because they aren’t properly trained to work with these intractable family dynamics.
This 4 hour workshop provides a very thorough and solid foundation of practical knowledge and guidance on how to use play therapy effectively while also knowing how to manage parents, guardians ad litem, lawyers and court if necessary.
This in-depth workshop includes copies of my proprietary documents including my policy forms and informed consent specific to cases involved in litigation as well as numerous resources and case scenarios based on real life cases.
After taking this training, participants will be able to achieve the following learning objectives:
1. Describe how to efficiently screen for red and yellow flags during the initial play therapy intake for the vital information that might otherwise be withheld.
2. Define and differentiate the appropriate role a therapist providing play therapy observes in a case involving a custody dispute apart from other roles such as that of a custody evaluator.
3. Name 3 elements of the process of setting and maintaining clear boundaries with parents in order to protect the integrity of the play therapy process.
4. Define concepts of alienation, polarization and loyalty conflict.
5. Identify elements of alienation, polarization and loyalty conflict and describe how to manage the therapeutic process with the child in play therapy and the parents when these elements have been identified.
6. Describe how to ethically document, communicate with attorneys and guardians ad litem and be prepared for court testimony if needed.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.
APT credits available as listed in the course description are provided by Lynn Louise Wonders of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC approved provider 12-321. Play therapy credit available to mental health professionals only as listed in each course description. Courses that do no qualify for play therapy credit are clearly listed.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Lynn Louise Wonders' APT approval is valid through 2/28/2021. Credit is not guaranteed after that date. If you need APT credit for this course, please complete the course before 2/28/2021.
NBCC credits, when available are provided by Jennifer Taylor. Jennifer Taylor has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6928. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly marked.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Jennifer Taylor's NBCC approval is valid through 2/28/2021. Credit is not guaranteed after that date. If you need NBCC credit for this course, please complete the course before 2/28/2021.
Technical support for this course is provided by Jennifer Taylor of Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services, LLC.