Providing play therapy for children whose parents are embroiled in a high conflict divorce and/or custody case is not for the faint of heart. With the proper skills set, clear polices and protocols and and an understanding of the intricacies and complexities of these kinds of cases a therapist who provides play therapy services will be prepared to avoid common pitfalls and keep the focus on helping the child through this very difficult time.
Often play therapists get in over their head because they aren’t properly trained to work with these intractable family dynamics.
This 4 hour workshop provides a very thorough and solid foundation of practical knowledge and guidance on how to use play therapy effectively while also knowing how to manage parents, guardians ad litem, lawyers and court if necessary.
This in-depth workshop includes copies of my proprietary documents including my policy forms and informed consent specific to cases involved in litigation as well as numerous resources and case scenarios based on real life cases.
1. Therapists will learn how to screen during the initial play therapy intake for the vital information that might otherwise be withheld.
2. Therapists will learn how to set and maintain firm boundaries to protect the process of the play therapy.
3. Therapists will learn about the concept of parental alienation, polarization and loyalty conflict. They will learn how to identify these elements and how to manage the therapeutic process when these have been identified.
4. Therapists will learn specific ways to keep the play therapy clinical record.
5. Therapists will learn how to best use play therapy in helping children whose parents are going through high conflict divorce and/or custody battles.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.