This 2 hour recorded online training webinar provides an opportunity to learn about case conceptualization and treatment planning for children whose parents are divorced or going through the process of divorce.
1 hour of training in the special topic of treating children of divorce and 1 hour of training in play therapy interventions supporting children whose parents are divorced or divorcing.
Upon completion of this training participants will be prepared to.
- Describe the role of play therapist for the child client in divorce cases with specific structure to the course of play therapy from intake to termination.
- Name at least one reason for special consideration to the approach to providing play therapy for the child client whose parents are involved in high levels of conflict while in process of divorcing.
- Recite 10 play therapy interventions specifically designed to support children whose parents are divorced or divorcing.
- Explain how to teach children and parents about a child’s rights when parents are divorced or divorcing through playful language implemented during the course of play therapy.
- List 4 ways help the parents through the play therapy process in supporting their parenting of your child client.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.
APT credits available as listed in the course description are provided by Lynn Louise Wonders of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC approved provider 12-321. Play therapy credit available to mental health professionals only as listed in each course description. Courses that do no qualify for play therapy credit are clearly listed.
NBCC credits, when available are provided by Jennifer Taylor. Jennifer Taylor has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider ACEP No. 6928. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly marked.
Technical support for this course is provided by Jennifer Taylor of Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services, LLC.