About this Training:
This training is a 3-hour recorded webinar focused on working on social navigation needs in play therapy through a neurodiversity affirming and strengths-based approach.
A PowerPoint is provided to follow along with the recorded webinar.
It’s expected that you will complete (watch) the whole webinar and not skip over any parts of this training. There is a post exam at the end of the webinar.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
This recorded webinar focuses on helping neurotypical and neurodivergent children address social navigation needs. Addressing needs through a neurodiversity affirming process and using a strengths-based approach will be covered. How play therapy theoreis can validate affirming and strengths-based principles will be discussed. Tools (including play therapy interventions) for assessing and identifying strengths will be highlighted and several interventions/approaches for helping with social navigation needs will be explored.
1) Describe the concepts of neurodiversity affirming and strengths-based approach in regard to play therapy approaches.
2) Explain play therapy interventions that can be used to help identify strengths.
3) Explain several play therapy interventions that can be used to help with social navigation needs.
This training is approved for 3 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 3 hours can be calculated as any combination of 3 toward special topics, 3 toward applicants’ choice.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D Certified Training Partner for IBCCES (International Board for Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards) #CE159432.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Social Navigation Needs and Play Therapy: An Affirming, Strengths Based Approach to Helping Neurotypical and Neurodivergent Children
Social Navigation Needs and Play Therapy Video 1
Social Navigation Needs and Play Therapy Video 2
Social Navigation Needs and Play Therapy Video 3
Course Evaluation (Required)