The First 10 Things To Learn About Play Therapy!
1 hour play therapy non-contact hour credit
APT Approved Provider 12-331
This 1 hour fully online course provides participants with an introduction to the field of play therapy. Topic covered include directive and non-directive theories, setting up a playroom, the ethics of touch, and best practices for documentation and working with parents. This action packed course is a delivered in a movie format and is filled with play therapy resources for clinicians new to the field of play therapy.
1. Learn 3 ways that the Association for Play Therapy benefits professionals.
2. Understand the differences between play therapy credentials available compared to other options.
3. Explain the difference between directive and non-directive play therapy theories.
4. Learn 3 facts about key play therapy figures and the history of play therapy.
5. Identify 3 components of selecting toys and setting up a playroom.
6. Discuss 3 key ethical considerations in using touch, creating documentation, and working with parents.
7. Recognize 3 different specializations within play therapy.
Jennifer Taylor is an LCSW and RPT-S with nearly 20 years experience in the field of social work. She provides play therapy training, supervision and case consultation. She is an adjunct instructor at the University of Memphis and recently moved to beautiful Honolulu, Hawaii. Jennifer is TF-CBT certified and EMDR trained. She is ready to help you take action in your play therapy career and your community.