Tricoitillomania is a complex anxiety disorder with a compulsive behavioral component and can be difficult to treat but using a prescriptive play therapy approach there are a number of effective ways to assist adolescents in addressing both the compulsive behavior and the underlying anxiety This 4 hour webinar will provide extensive training based in research and theory that supports a multi-faceted approach to using play-based techniques for effective treatment.
- Name the diagnostic criteria for trichotillomania.
- Explain when, why and how non-directive play therapy can be effective with adolescents diagnosed with trichotillomania.
- Identify theoretical basis for utilizing a cognitive behavioral play therapy approach with adolescents diagnosed with trichotillomania.
- List 15 directive play therapy interventions tied in to specific treatment planning goals.
- Apply theoretical basis and prescriptive interventions to case examples.
Lynn Louise Wonders is a Licensed Professional Counselor, Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor, early childhood specialist and parenting coach.
She is the founder and director of Wonders Counseling Services, LLC, an APT-Approved Provider for play therapy continuing education offering clinical services, play therapy supervision and training as well as professional mentoring for therapists developing a career in play therapy.
Lynn is certified by Jack Canfield as a coach and trainer, offering seminars, small and large workshops and mastermind programs for therapists and other helping professionals online and in person world-wide.
Lynn leads a large community of play therapists from around the world on Facebook and has assisted well over 1,000 therapists in working toward RPT status and building thriving play therapy private practices.
Lynn has partnered with Jennifer Taylor Play Therapy Services for the delivery and management of this course.