Using Play Therapy with Adult Clients
6 Hours Play Therapy Non-Contact Provided by Robert Jason Grant Ed.D (APT Approved Provider #12-318) NBCC Clock Hours: 6 NBCC ACEP # 6595
This is a non-contact online/home study training that focuses on using play therapy approaches and interventions with adult clients.
You will need internet access to complete this training.
You will be asked to read through the PowerPoint (this is your training guide), you will also be asked to read articles/readings, watch video clips, and complete experiential activities.
It’s expected that you will complete all the exercises and not skip over any parts of this training. Many of the exercises are referenced on the post exam at the end of the training.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
This training introduces participants to using play therapy with adult clients. Identified benefits of using play therapy with adults will be presented. How to introduce clients to play therapy and strategies for helping adult clients who are hesitant to participate in play therapy will be covered. Case examples will be discussed, and participants will learn about and complete several play therapy interventions covering a variety of issues including trauma, self-esteem, relationship struggles, and depression issues. This correspondence training is completed from home but includes an interactive/experiential component where participants are asked to complete exercises, additional readings, and video clips. Complete this informative and interactive correspondence training at your own pace, gain CE Hours, and enhance your therapy skills.
1) Define the benefits of using play therapy with adult clients.
2) Explain how to introduce play therapy to adult clients.
3) Identify hesitation issues and how to address hesitation issues that adults may have in participating in play therapy.
4) Outline the V.I.P. Play Therapy Model in working with adult clients.
5) Describe case examples of play therapy interventions used with adult clients.
6) Identify several play therapy interventions that can be used with individual clients, couples, and groups.
This training is approved for 6 CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 6 hours can be calculated as any combination of 6 toward special topics, 6 toward applicants’ choice.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
Using Play Therapy with Adult Clients Powerpoint
Exercise One How Do You Play
Exercise Two Introductions
Exercise Three How Could It Look
Exercise Four Color My Character
Exercise Five Drawing Emotions
Exercise Six This For Them Feelings
Exercise Seven 15 Years From Now
Exercise Eight Design a Symbol
Case Example - Emily
Case Example - Sarah and the Substance Abuse Group
Play Therapy with an Adult Client
Oh Good Grief Article
References & Resources
Course Evaluation (Required)