This training is a 1-hour recorded webinar focused on creating a sensory friendly and affirming office and playroom.
If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 1 hour can be calculated as special topics, social/cultural diversity, or toward applicants’ choice.
This webinar will focus on a brief overview of sensory processing differences and how the therapist can be aware, friendly, and affirming of children with sensory differences. The training will present pragmatic ideas for making play therapy offices and playrooms affirming for sensory needs. Information about toys and materials that can enhance the playroomexperience for sensory children is also provided.
1) Define the concept of sensory differences as it applies to play therapy work.
2) Identify how to address sensory needs such as lighting, seating, etc. within a play therapy
3) Identify toys and materials for sensory affirming work to include in playrooms.
A PowerPoint is provided to follow along with the recorded webinar.
It is expected that you will complete (watch) the whole webinar and not skip over any parts of this training. There is a post exam at the end of the webinar.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation, content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
This training is approved for 1 CE Hr for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 80% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D APT Approved Provider #12-318 for continuing education. If you are counting this training toward the 150 hours to become an RPT or RPT-S, the 1 hour can be calculated as special topics, social/cultural diversity, or toward applicants’ choice.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D Certified Training Partner for IBCCES (International Board for Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards) #CE159432.
- AutPlay Therapy Clinic has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6595. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. AutPlay Therapy Clinic is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.