** If you are a mental health professional and are interested in AutPlay certification that includes APT non-contact hours, please purchase this AutPlay Training Training
This AutPlay Therapy Training is designed for Non-Mental Health Professionals
Participants must purchase the required textbook – The AutPlay Therapy Handbook - Integrative Family Play Therapy with Neurodivergent Chidlren by Robert Jason Grant. The book is referenced throughout the training and on the post exam. The book can be purchased through Amazon, The Self Esteem Shop, and many other online sellers. It is NOT included in the course materials.
This is an intensive training that focuses on teaching the AutPlay Therapy protocol, an integrative family play therapy framework for working with neurodivergent children (autistic, ADHD, sensory differences, learning differences, developmental disabilities) and their families.
AutPlay Therapy emphasizes a neurodiversity affirming an informed approach and harnesses the therapeutic powers of play to help address mental health issues for neurodivergent children and their families. This training presents an overview of autistic and neurodivergent children. How to build relationship and assess for needs (utilizing several AutPlay inventories) for target goal areas is covered along with parent and child co-change agent processes. Goal areas of connection, regulation, and social navigation are described with example play therapy interventions for each area. The three progressive phases are presented (intake and assessment, structured play interventions, and termination).
Parent/family/child involvement is explained with protocol for working with parents and children as partners in the process. The AutPlay Therapy Follow Me Approach is explained which details how to work with children with little to no engagement and attunement ability creating special play times to improve connection and relationship development. Additional components such as theoretical underpinnings, understanding dysregulation, improving regulation ability, research, and case examples are covered. Several play therapy interventions are explained and demonstrated through session video clips. Experiential activities are presented, and case conceptualization and planning are discussed.
1) Explain neurodiversity and implementing a neurodiversity affirming approach.
2) Describe the components of AutPlay Therapy including conducting an AutPlay Therapy
session, theoretical underpinnings, phases of therapy, assessment and screening instruments,
and goal planning.
3) Describe common mental health goals addressed in AutPlay Therapy.
4) Identify several structured play therapy interventions to use for addressing goals.
5) Discuss how to involve parents and other family members as co-change agents (partners).
6) Describe the AutPlay model of dysregulation
7) Identify play therapy interventions to address dysregulation issues.
8) Implement the AutPlay Follow Me Approach, designed for children with higher needs.
9) Describe how to work with parents in implementing AutPlay Follow Me play times at home.
10) Explain research and evidence-based practices in AutPlay Therapy.
11) Outline the theoretical underpinnings of AutPlay, including seminal play therapy theories
and other integrated methods.
12) Identify at least 6 AutPlay interventions to increase experiential knowledge.
About this Training:
Complete the home study AutPlay® Therapy Intensive Training (24 CE Hrs form IBCCES). This is a
non-contact/home study training that focuses on learning the AutPlay Therapy framework.
There are three components necessary to complete the AutPlay Certification Program and
become a Certified AutPlay Therapy Provider:
1) Complete the PDF training guide. (12 Hrs)
2) Read the book Grant, R. J. (2023). The AutPlay therapy handbook: Integrative family play
therapy with neurodivergent children, Routledge Publishing. The book can be purchased on
Amazon and other online retailers. (8 hrs)
3) Watch the recorded webinar Introduction to AutPlay Therapy. The recorded webinar link can
be found in the training guide. (4 hrs)
You will need internet access to complete this training.
You will be asked to read through the PowerPoint (this is your training guide), you will also be asked to read articles/readings, watch video clips, and complete experiential activities.
It’s expected that you will complete all the exercises and not skip over any parts of this training.
Many of the exercises are referenced on the post exam at the end of the training.
This training is approved for 20 non-contact CE Hrs for the below continuing education bodies. Upon completion of the training materials, training evaluation, and post exam (with a score of 70% or higher), the training certificate of completion will be issued to the participant.
- Robert Jason Grant Ed.D Certified Training Partner for IBCCES (International Board for Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards) #CE159432.
The Autplay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Gran Ed.D is solely responsible for the creation,
content, and continuing education hours of each home study training. The AutPlay Therapy
Clinic – Robert Jason Grant Ed.D utilizes Jen Taylor Play Therapy as a hosting site for home study
and online trainings. Any technical issue such as not being able to login to a training should be
directed to Jen Taylor Play Therapy firstname.lastname@example.org. All governance issues
related to any training should be directed to The AutPlay Therapy Clinic – Robert Jason Grant
Ed.D. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.